Sunday, September 12, 2010

In Style At Campbell House

A few weekends ago I did a photo shoot for a fantastic group called the Time Nomads Society at the Historic Campbell House in Toronto. I was able to photograph them as they went about their daily lives in the year 1833. Most people who know me, know I love history. My partner and I are addicted to BBC period movies, mini series etc. I volunteer when I can with heritage groups, and of course run a facebook group promoting the preservation of Toronto's Heritage buildings. This past weekend I visited the small village of Salem, Ontario and discovered several generations of my family in the small country cemetery. Since then, I have been able to trace my family all the way back to 1580 on my grandmothers side. History is a fascinating subject, and one I wish more people enjoyed. Without knowing our past, I find it hard to have a vision for the future.

This photo is from Campbell House....

No comments:

Post a Comment