Sunday, January 31, 2010

Strength


I think we all have those days were we feel we don't have the strength to move another muscle, or think another thought. Deadlines, bills, errands, chores, meetings, and even cold winter days can all leave us feeling emotionally and physically weak. I think the best thing to do is give yourself a break, and not to keep pushing. Let your mind and body recharge.

That is what taking photos does for me. Allows me to escape the not so pleasant things in my life, and instead focus on things of interest, or beauty, or both. It's amazing how much energy I get out of taking what I feel is a great photo, or even spending time looking at pictures in books on subjects I find interesting. So go ahead. Take a break.

As for this guy, he has been holding up this column at the foot of Yonge Street since the 1860's. Talk about strength....

No comments:

Post a Comment