Thursday, February 4, 2010

Art or Reality


I went for a walk today to clear my head from some issues that have been bothering me. I decided to not do urban streets today, but rather spend the day being with nature. So with wool socks, and multiple layers on I headed to the Brick works. Towards the end of my hike, I met a gentleman who asked me if I was professional or if photography was just a hobby. We started talking about a whole range of topics, the pros and cons of digital vs film, etc. We finished the conversation with the question is a photo hung on a wall considered art, or is it merely reality? Are photographers considered artists, or are they just documenting? It is an interesting question, but I guess the bottom line for me is that I just like to share the image, regardless of what you call me. I will leave the title to the image rather then myself.

1 comment:

  1. Weird. I had this conversation with a friend (who happens to be a painter). I believe photography IS art. It just is. Especially a lot of the shots you take, Scott. So much of what you see is missed by the average Joe. You stop time with a single click and then say, "Look! Look at this!" And people do. And people are moved. That is art, my friend. That is art!

    Beautiful work. Always.

    ReplyDelete