Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A retrospective...

It has been a while since I have posted anything, which I am sorry for. Things have been a little hectic lately, and I have been fighting a really nasty cold for almost three weeks. On top of all that I need to take my camera in for a good cleaning, and apparently that is going to result in 4 to 6 weeks of not being able to use it. I keep putting it off because that seems like such a huge time to not be able to take a single shot...

Needless to say, I am unable to show you any new work. On the plus side of things, my exhibit at Olivia's has been extended by a month, until the end of May. I also decided to enter a portfolio contest held by Color magazine which is a sister publication to the more famous Black and White photography magazine. There was no limit to the amount of portfolios one could enter so I decided to enter 5 separate ones showcasing different themes from my past work. Consider it a retrospective if you may. I have decided to show you all the images I chose to enter, and I will post them over 5 different blog entries starting with today's.








Obviously you may have seen some or all of them. But I often say to others that sometimes you need to look back and see where you have been in order to know where to go....so do come take a look back with me......

This portfolio is from Urban Textures, 2010

1 comment:

  1. nice Modern art collection !
    From top to bottom
    1 - Louise Nevelson
    2 - Zao Wou Ki
    3 - an early Mark Rothko
    4 - Clyfford Still
    5 - Paul Klee
    6 - Richard Diebenkorn
    7 - Olivier Debré
    8 - another early Rothko

    ReplyDelete