Saturday, May 21, 2011

Urban Textures Revisited....

Last weekend while I was sorting and editing some of the floral abstracts I have been posting I had one of those a-ha! moments. It had suddenly dawned on me to go back and take a look at one of my earlier subjects and then re-interpret them with some of the new skills/techniques I have learned since then.

So out came the camera and the umbrella and I headed over to one of the more colourful spots in Toronto, Queen Street West. The first time around I had focused on Urban Textures as I was actually viewing them, and only used composition as my way of expressing how I was seeing them. This time, it was still about the colours and patterns, but less about fine details. I decided to experiment using the same techniques I have been using with the floral images, and my Kaleidoscape series.

The result is an explosion of colours, and some wonderful, (in my opinion) abstract shots. I can't wait for my next day off, and hope to build up the portfolio with a few more...



Here are a couple for you to take a look at..

1 comment:

  1. Great work Scott! That's how fantastic shots are captured!

    ReplyDelete