Friday, November 4, 2011

Stone Garden..

Have you noticed that I keep re-visiting some of my old and favorite themes? I've mentioned numerous times how nostalgia plays a large part of my life, so it is no surprise that it also plays a part in my photographic themes.

Architecture. The very first subject I used to photograph using my point and shoot camera, and the subject I think I most love. Well... today anyways. Tomorrow it will likely be trees, or abstract colour, pattern and textures. The point is, I have my favorites and I find great comfort in going back and capturing these subjects a second, third, or more times. Each time I notice I shoot less, but think about the shot more. You may not be able to notice a difference. I notice it more when I am doing post edits. There seems to be less edits, cropping, or even discarding. I guess that just means I'm perhaps being more picky, and possibly learning a few things along the way.
















So with a recent day off I headed to Mount Pleasant Cemetery to focus on architecture and statuary details. Here are some of my favorites from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment