Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Landscape..

Perhaps two, maybe three times a year I manage to leave the city boundaries and get out and experience the fresh country air and sights of rolling hills, farmers fields, lakes and trees. This past Thanksgiving Monday was one of those days.

We ventured north east to the Northumberland hills, and ventured around Rice Lake. I knew in my mind how I wanted to approach any photo opportunities this year, and rather then concentrating on close ups and fine details of individual leaves and flowers I opted to go with compositions showing distance.

As I mentioned in an earlier entry, I recently watched a movie about the Impressionist painters, and I have been influenced by their work. I made a conscious effort to pay attention to the natural light and as much as possible the shadows. There is something about a singular tree in the midst of a vast field that I love. It stands alone, strong, beautiful and keeping watch. Add a brilliant splash of colour from mother nature, and the tree appears majestic.

Here is a sampling of the shoot, along with some fun post edits.

























Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment