Saturday, September 21, 2013




Its one of those dark dreary days in early fall when all you want to do is stay in bed or curl up with a good book. Well....if you are like me it probably will also include a long afternoon nap. Despite the gloominess, I still managed to find a moment to capture with the camera. Rain drops on the window and off in the distance fog wrapped around the office towers.

Recently, as part of the previously mentioned self discovery work, I started putting my thoughts and feelings down onto paper as a way to get them out of my head. The more I wrote out my thoughts, the more certain images popped into my head that helped me create an image to the thought I was having or express the feeling I was having at that moment.

With this particular photo it was a little different. I saw the rain on the window, and wanted to capture the moment because words were coming into my head as a result of the image, and not vice versa.

Now.. I'm no poet. I also don't write, other than the journal work. And in a group of people I am the one that remains silent, and listens and learns. But for whatever reason, these words came out, and I thought they very much suited this wet September day.

No comments:

Post a Comment